The new-gen version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn was released exclusively for the PlayStation 4 last week. Media Create has shared the latest sale figures from last week, which show Final Fantasy XIV topped as the best-selling PS4 game as it launched on 14th April. Square Enix managed to sell over 31 000 copies of the game, which led to great increase in subscribes. Actually, when combined the Western and Japanese sales, the increase was that huge that the game managed to break a milestone of 2 000 000 active players.
The Western sale figures still remain unknown but below you can software sales from Japan:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 34,690 (754,910)
- [PS3] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku Hen (Bandai Namco, 04/10/14) – 31,724 (174,156)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix, 04/14/14) – 31,326 (New)
- [3DS] Ace Attorney 123: Wright Selection (04/17/14, Capcom) – 26,925 (New)
- [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 18,848 (304,835)
- [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku Hen (Bandai Namco, 04/10/14) – 17,755 (145,991)
- [3DS] Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode Yokubari Sengen! Tokimeki Up! (Nintendo, 04/17/14) – 12,315 (New)
- [PSP] Juusanshi Engi Engetsu Sangokuden 2 (Idea Factory, 04/17/14) – 8,499 (New)
- [3DS] Meitantei Conan: Phantom Kyoushikyoku (Bandai Namco, 04/17/14) – 8,336 (New)
- [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami, 03/20/14) – 8,018 (198,054)
Also read: Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Won “Excellence” Awards at Famitsu Awards 2013
This week, the famous Japanese magazine Famitsu arranged their own “Famitsu Award 2013″ show where they rewarded the best games of 2013. It was no surprise Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn were both nominated alongside other successful titles such as The Last of Us and Monster Hunter 4.
While Monster Hunter 4 managed to snatch the game of the year award, both Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn received “Excellence” awards from the “general” category. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn also won an additional “Excellence” rewards from PC/Mobile category, making it the best PC game of the year, according to Famitsu.
It’s rather crazy and amazing to see such a great recognition given to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. We aren’t only talking about these awards, but the good reception it received from the fans and critics in general. And the fact, the very first version of Final Fantasy XIV was pretty much a huge failure, makes this even more awesome. It’s great to see that fans’ feedback really hit Square Enix, who decided to rebuild the game from the very beginning and release it again. That’s something insane and nearly impossible, not all game companies would be ready to do or could even deliver.
As we saw last Fall, Final Fantasy XIV was revived in style and rise like a phoenix from the ashes by gaining great sales and good review scores. And the success of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn continues as Square Enix just announced the game has over 2 000 000 subscribers / players worldwide! This is a great example and lesson in life that after a failure you shouldn’t immediately give up even though others may doubt you. Listening to feedback, believing in yourself and focusing on things you are good at, can lead to amazing results.
Don’t you think that it’s a good time to jump in one of the coolest MMOs around, and experience how a true Final Fantasy multiplayer game feels like? Especially, when you can use PS4′s party chat to communicate with your friends during the gameplay!
Happy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 Launch Day! Square Enix Japan has uploaded the Japanese launch trailer to celebrate the release of the game! Are you ready to step in the world of Eorzea and face new challenges!?
Remember if you own the PS3 version of the game, you can update it for free to the PS4 version. Here is our guide how it happens.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released for PlayStation 4 next week, making it to be the first new-gen Final Fantasy release! As promised, all PlayStation 3 owners can upgrade their previous client to PlayStation 4 one for FREE. Note that you will lose access to the PlayStation 3 version once you have completed the upgrade. Once upgraded, you gain an early access and you can start to play it TODAY!
UPGRADE CAMPAIGN DETAILS
From Friday, April 11, 2014 at 1:00 a.m. until Wednesday, December 31 2014, users will have the option to upgrade from the PlayStation®3 version to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.
Please be reminded of the following before upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version:
- Upgrading should not be confused with registering a PlayStation®4 license in addition to the PlayStation®3 version. After upgrading, you will no longer be able to access FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn using your PlayStation®3.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Users must first register the PlayStation®3 version to their FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before upgrading.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- * Users will also have the option to transfer macro and hotbar settings from the PlayStation®3 version.
- Users who wish to play using both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 are required to purchase the PlayStation®4 version separately.
HOW TO UPGRADE?
1. Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the upgrade process. (http://sqex.to/Msp)
2. Log in and you will see “PlayStation 4 Upgrade” if you own PlayStation 3 version of the game. Click it.
3. Now you will see additional information. Accept the terms and press “next”.
4. Now you see a reminder what the upgrading means to your service account. After upgrading, you cannot go back to use the PS3 client.
5. BAM! Now you have your very unique code which allows you to download the game! Redeem it on PlayStation 4 or head to the PS store website.
6. Congrats! You have redeemed your code! If you downloaded the beta client from last week, you are ready to go! Just turn it on and complete all updates!
7. GET READY FOR NEW ADVENTURES AND EXPERIENCES IN THE WORLD OF EORZEA! PLAY FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN ON YOUR PS4, STARTING TODAY!