Archaist and the newly announced Scholar and Summoner jobs were revealed in a new Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn trailer! Look forward to our upcoming preview of Final Fantasy XIV PS3 beta that will be out soon!
In an age long past, when mankind flourished under the radiance of arcane mastery, the island of Vylbrand was home to a city-state called Nym. Though the history of that age tells of countless wars waged with earth-shattering incantations, it was the brilliant strategic maneuvering of Nym’s scholars that allowed their mundane army of mariners to throw back would-be conquerers time and again. These learned men and women defended the freedom of their tiny nation with their unique command over spell-weaving faeries, utilizing the creatures’ magicks to heal the wounded and bolster the strength of their allies.
The beast tribes of Eorzea worship and summon forth beings known as primals, among which are Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan. Yet what is a god to one man is a demon to another, for the city-states of Eorzea see these beings as a grave threat to their collective survival.
In times immemorial, there lived mages who had not only the power to summon the primals, but also the means to transmute the primals’ essences, thus binding them to their will. Known simply as summoners, the existence of these men and women and their arcane art have been all but lost to the ages.
People has started to upload videos and pictures from E3 2013 and now we got the full version of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII demo. In the demo, player gets to know with the new battle system, chase Snow and battle against a huge dragon monster Lumina summons. Lightning has three different garbs: Divinity, Dark Muse, and just revealed Sorceress.
You can also see Mr. Hope Estheim’s new render icon in the video! The demo likely has some new music but due to poor audio quality we can’t hear them.
Today, Square Enix announced at their private “The Future of Final Fantasy” -event that Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be both released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox one. New details were also shared from both titles.
- Looks like it will be more male focused game but Square Enix will follow fans’ feedback.
- It felt natural to bring the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as long as Final Fantasy XIII and XI were already released for both consoles.
- The game will be very action based and less RPG. They feel that the new direction fits better to XV. Every FF is different, right?
- Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.
- The main staff of Versus didn’t change significantly after changing the title number and moving to the next-gen development.
- In new trailer Noctis is swimming underwater in the leviathan battle scene.
- The city looks like a modern city with Venetian like architecture.
- Stealth will likely be included in the game like in Lightning Returns.
- The combat is very similar to Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom Hearts III:
- Sora is now more mature and will go off on a brand new adveture with Donad, Goofy and Mickey.
- New Disney worlds will be included.
- Disney is super excited about the third part.
- Will keep the tradition of the series: delivering amazing stories and gameplay to fans.
- Being developed by the team in Osaka – 1.5 & BBS team – Not Nomura’s.
Thanks to our friend site, RPGSite, for all the great details and information from the E3 event we couldn’t participate in!