Happy Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS4 Launch Day! Square Enix Japan has uploaded the Japanese launch trailer to celebrate the release of the game! Are you ready to step in the world of Eorzea and face new challenges!?
Remember if you own the PS3 version of the game, you can update it for free to the PS4 version. Here is our guide how it happens.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released for PlayStation 4 next week, making it to be the first new-gen Final Fantasy release! As promised, all PlayStation 3 owners can upgrade their previous client to PlayStation 4 one for FREE. Note that you will lose access to the PlayStation 3 version once you have completed the upgrade. Once upgraded, you gain an early access and you can start to play it TODAY!
UPGRADE CAMPAIGN DETAILS
From Friday, April 11, 2014 at 1:00 a.m. until Wednesday, December 31 2014, users will have the option to upgrade from the PlayStation®3 version to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.
Please be reminded of the following before upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version:
- Upgrading should not be confused with registering a PlayStation®4 license in addition to the PlayStation®3 version. After upgrading, you will no longer be able to access FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn using your PlayStation®3.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Users must first register the PlayStation®3 version to their FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before upgrading.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
- * Users will also have the option to transfer macro and hotbar settings from the PlayStation®3 version.
- Users who wish to play using both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 are required to purchase the PlayStation®4 version separately.
HOW TO UPGRADE?
1. Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the upgrade process. (http://sqex.to/Msp)
2. Log in and you will see “PlayStation 4 Upgrade” if you own PlayStation 3 version of the game. Click it.
3. Now you will see additional information. Accept the terms and press “next”.
4. Now you see a reminder what the upgrading means to your service account. After upgrading, you cannot go back to use the PS3 client.
5. BAM! Now you have your very unique code which allows you to download the game! Redeem it on PlayStation 4 or head to the PS store website.
6. Congrats! You have redeemed your code! If you downloaded the beta client from last week, you are ready to go! Just turn it on and complete all updates!
7. GET READY FOR NEW ADVENTURES AND EXPERIENCES IN THE WORLD OF EORZEA! PLAY FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN ON YOUR PS4, STARTING TODAY!
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released on 14th April for PlayStation 4. The Beta Phase 2 will be starting this week!
The Open Beta of Final Fantasy XIV has started today! All PlayStation 4 users can download the beta client for free from the PS Store. Note that BETA 2 client works for EARLY ACCESS and LAUNCH as well, so there’s no need to download the game after this anymore! Players will be able to keep their progress and carry characters in to the launch version of the PS4 game. You can also play the beta with the existing character. The beta will be ending on 7th April.
Early access (for those that pre-order the game) starts April 11-13th. The download size is 12GB.
DOWNLOAD FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN OPEN BETA [PS4] FROM THE PLAYSTATION STORE EUROPE
DOWNLOAD FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN OPEN BETA [PS4] FROM THE PLAYSTATION STORE NORTH AMERICA.
We’re going to have an interview with the developers of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and now we want to know if you have anything to ask from them! We recommend that the questions are related to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn content or future plans. Post your questions to the comments section or fill the contact-form right below, and your questions might get answered alongside many others!
All question must be sent before 3rd April!