Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn producer and director Naoki Yoshida, and Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 producer Shinji Hashimoto will be present in today’s PS4 launch event in Japan. It is not certain yet if new footage will be showcased, but tune in through this livestream (CURRENTLY LIVE): Ustream
Keep your eyes peeled for possible SE news and updates from this event!
The release of PlayStation 4 is only a few weeks away and we got many news to tell you about it before it’s out for sale. Today, we’re getting a closer look at newly-announced DualShock 4 controllers, Magma Red and Wave Blue. These special colored controllers will be available alongside PlayStation 4 when it launches on November 11th in North America / November 29th in Europe / February 22nd in Japan.
What do you think about these special colors? In my opinion, I would have loved to see a white controller. Perhaps later?
Today, Square Enix announced at their private “The Future of Final Fantasy” -event that Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be both released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox one. New details were also shared from both titles.
FINAL FANTASY XV:
- Looks like it will be more male focused game but Square Enix will follow fans’ feedback.
- It felt natural to bring the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as long as Final Fantasy XIII and XI were already released for both consoles.
- The game will be very action based and less RPG. They feel that the new direction fits better to XV. Every FF is different, right?
- Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.
- The main staff of Versus didn’t change significantly after changing the title number and moving to the next-gen development.
- In new trailer Noctis is swimming underwater in the leviathan battle scene.
- The city looks like a modern city with Venetian like architecture.
- Stealth will likely be included in the game like in Lightning Returns.
- The combat is very similar to Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom Hearts III:
- Sora is now more mature and will go off on a brand new adveture with Donad, Goofy and Mickey.
- New Disney worlds will be included.
- Disney is super excited about the third part.
- Will keep the tradition of the series: delivering amazing stories and gameplay to fans.
- Being developed by the team in Osaka – 1.5 & BBS team – Not Nomura’s.
Thanks to our friend site, RPGSite, for all the great details and information from the E3 event we couldn’t participate in!
A brand new gallery of PlayStation 4 images have been sent for the internet, showing the new user interface of the console. In this screenshots you can see how much Sony focuses on sharing, social integration, video streaming, screenshot taking and PlayStation App. The design and specifications aren’t final and may change a bit but this is how your PS4 menu will look like.
However Sony hasn’t forgotten the most important things, games and gamers. PS4 has been designed closely with developers to make developing games easier than before and this is promised to provide gamers better and more different game experiences. EA commented that things which once took MONTHS to make takes now only DAYS.
What do you think about the new design of user interface?
In the latest interview the President of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Jack Tretton, confirms to Bloomberg that PlayStation 4 games will be playable at E3 this summer. Will the next Final Fantasy for next-gen be playable at E3? Maybe… What about Killzone: Shadow Fall and other games announced at PlayStation Meeting? Very likely.
Watch Bloomberg’s interview from here!
Read our “Everything You Need to Know about PlayStation 4″ article from here!
When we first launched Square Portal back in Summer 2012, we made a statement about providing you news about all games by Square Enix – but also about next-generation consoles. And now it looks like it’s time to start to write news about Sony and Microsoft’s next-generation consoles!
Like the title says, Sony is going to show us the future of Playstation on 20th of February which may mean we will be seeing their brand new console – Playstation 4. (or how they will ever name it) In their tweet, Sony tells that they will allow us to “see the future” and added a link to their new teaser trailer. (See below) The event will be arranged at New Your City and will start at 6pm.
It’s still unsure will it be the announcement of PS4 and there is always a chance for other surprises as well. Especially when there will be some big titles coming this year like Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XIV and The Last of Us… But what else could it be?
LINK TO THE OFFICIAL TEASER SITE