Lara Croft returns again with a re-release! The executive producer of Tomb Raider, Scot Amos, breaks down the next-gen tech behind Lara’s updated look in the newest trailer. He shows us that the definitive edition isn’t just a small upgrade!
The definitive edition includes all multiplayer DLCs, an artbook and “The Beginning” comic! Other new updates are:
- TressFX hair simulation technology (more realistic hair than ever!)
- New animations
- Re-topologized and increased resolution
- Face mode completely rebuilt with 5x density improvement
- Increased polygon body resolution
- Added sub-surface scattering on skin
- New physics system
- 4k textures
- All gameplay native 1080p
- More Shadow Casters
- Dynamically lit particles
- 4-15x more FX
Everything clear? Don’t worry! In a nutshell this means more realistic and high quality gameplay experience than ever before. If you haven’t experienced the critically acclaimed reboot of the series, it’s good time to give a try for the best version of the game! View the trailer above for real-time action and screenshots from it below.
Categories: Tomb Raider