With the success of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King‘s launch on mobile devices, Square Enix has announced the chapter-based RPG Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen for iOS and Android devices.
The first installment in the Zenithian Trilogy, DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen features an epic adventure that unfolds over five unique chapters – each focused on a different cast of characters on a journey to save the world. In the far-flung corners of the globe, players get to experience each storyline from the perspective of the “Hero’s” future companions, with the fifth chapter told directly from the “Hero’s” standpoint.
Producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto says that “DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen really encapsulates all the JRPG elements DRAGON QUEST fans covet – a fascinating story combined with classic RPG gameplay.” Mobile players, especially Dragon Quest fans, will be drawn into the game’s familiar Dragon Quest universe, which can be explored through the efficiency of the touchscreen mechanics creating an engaging experience. The world is brought to life by the series’ long time music composer Koichi Sugiyama and art director Akira Toriyama.
Additional DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen features include:
- Party Talk: Party Talk is a newly-introduced feature for the mobile version. This enables the player to have a chat with friends at any point during her/his adventure. Conversations with friends of diverse personalities will add another interesting dimension to the adventure.
- Wagon Quest: Once players acquire a wagon, they can take a team of (up to) ten companions on their adventure; companions can be swapped in and out of a players’ party at will.
- AI Battles: To defeat even the toughest enemies with ease, players can use various tactics and instruct faithful companions to fight automatically.
- The Casino – The old series favorite is back as players can now try their luck at three fantastic games: slot machines, poker and monster battles.
- Extra Chapter – This extra chapter allows players to explore a challenging bonus dungeon beyond the end of the game.
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen is now available for £10.49/ €13.99 on iOS and Android devices. To download the game, visit:
Categories: Dragon Quest