I’m very happy to present my fourth Square Portal trailer and this time it is about Tomb Raider. The game was just released worldwide. Developed by Crystal Dynamics, it has received a huge bunch of positive reviews as well. To celebrate this success, we thought to make this a new trailer “Life Is A Challenge!”
And oh boy, it sure is! While experiencing hard time in my real life I haven’t really had enough time to work on this site. Life is a challenge but it also gives us weapons to survive. To survive we have to fight, solve mysteries of the life and find and be guiding lights for ourselves. If you don’t survive, none of us will. We go through life together, and even if there seems to be no hope left, we can always become survivors.
I really hope you all have great time with Tomb Raider and other games. Can’t wait to hear more about Square Enix’s other games that are behing released this year!
NZGamer – 10/10
Impulse Gamer – 10/10
Telegraph.co.uk – 5/5
Digital Spy – 5/5
Huffington Post – 5/5
Escapist Magazine – 5/5
Digital Trends – 9.5/10
Game Informer – 9.25/10
PC World – 4.5/5
GamesRadar – 4.5/5
CheatCodeCentral – 4.4/5
IGN – 9.1/10
Polygon – 9/10
Ausgamers – 9/10
Stevivor.com – 9/10
CVG – 9/10
Games Beat – 8.8/10
Destructoid – 8.5/10
OXM – 8.5/10
Gamespot – 8.5/10
GameTrailers – 8.5/10
Eurogamer – 8/10
Edge – 8/10
OXM UK – 8/10
EGM – 8/10
Metro Gamecentral – 8/10
Rev3Games – 3/5
Machinima – 6/10
Larry from Microsoft and Square Enix’s Tomb Raider community manager, Meagan Marie, (who is super talented cosplayer) made a unboxing video for the collector’s edition of Tomb Raider. In this unboxing video you can see what the collector’s edition includes and other interesting stuff for collectors such shirts and bags!
PC SPECS & FEATURES
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
- Gamepad support.
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
- Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
- A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
- nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
- Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 4870
- nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU:
- AMD Phenom II X2 565
- Intel Core i5-750
The first two episodes of Guide to Survival highlighted how an inexperienced Lara Croft must use her intellect and whatever she can scavenge to survive the harsh conditions of Yamatai. In this final episode we dig deep into Lara’s scrappy and raw approach to combat.
The release of Tomb Raider will happen on March 5th 2013 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
Big international news coming from Dubai! Tomb Raider will be the first game ever by Square Enix localized in Arabic. Karl Steward, Global Brand Director, said: “We are really excited to be bringing Tomb Raider localized into Arabic for the first time in the series history. In localizing Tomb Raider into Arabic, we hope to reward the long term fans, and also attract many more to this origin story of Lara Croft.”
When starting to localize a new game, you need to choose new voice actors for characters as well. This time Nadine Njeim, previously Miss Lebanon 2007 & host of Middle Eastern version of “The Voice”, has been chosen to voice act Lara in her new adventure!
The new Tomb Raider will be released on 5th March on PS3, PC and Xbox 360. Game will also include a brand new multiplayer mode.
Multiplayer in Tomb Raider sees the island’s indigenous Scavengers pitted against the crew members from the shipwrecked Endurance – set in some of the island’s hostile landscapes, players will use traversal and hunting skills from single player, plus trap setting to create fast-paced combat in a selection of versus gaming modes.
Some of the key design pillars were to explore ideas that were key to single player, and but look at them differently: things like survival and group survival, traversal and verticality, the island’s characters, their weapons, and environmental threats are all viewed through the lens of multiplayer.
Darrell Gallagher, Studio Head is quoted as saying “For me, the multiplayer has to fit and it has to be fun. We’ve worked hard to make multiplayer fit seamlessly with the single player game and its key themes and we’ve play-tested the hell out of the multi-player game, it’s working well and gamers are enjoying it. Now we’re all just eager to get Tomb Raider into gamers’ hands in March so they can experience the entire game for themselves.”
• Fixer, Vlad, Mathias, Creeper (and more to be revealed later)
• Roth, Samantha, Alex, Liam, Jonah, Grim and a crew member. (slightly more to be revealed later)
Set Up: Survivors have newly been stranded and the Solarii are intent on destroying them. This is a team mode supporting 2 teams of up to 4 players each.
The winning conditions: The first team to get 25 kills, or be ahead in kills when time expires, wins the round.
Set Up: The survivors have wounded comrades that need medical attention. There are medical supplies throughout the level. The survivors must collect and bring back (Capture the Flag) the medical supplies to the capture zone while the Solarii try to stop this from happening by executing the survivors.
Winning Condition: Survivors capture 5 Medical Supplies, Solarii execute 20 Survivors
Some Tomb Raider Multiplayer Gameplay Ingredients
The levels have many items that either team can use to damage, trap, or kill other players. Some are shared some are level specific. Here are a few examples, but by no means all:
There is one key difference in the Traversal of each team: the ascender. Only the Solarii have it, and it gives them a quick way to get around the maps and catch up to the survivors. Solarii generally start the maps on higher ground. And they can use the ascender to quickly get to key areas of the map.
There are levers in some levels, pull them, this will set a trip wire by tapping X. Any player that walks through it will trigger the spike trap and be killed.
The levels have many snare traps placed in them. Any player can tap X to activate it, and it will be armed for any unfriendly team. While trapped in it, the player will be upside down with his pistol drawn, he will be able to shoot, and if he aims at the rope itself, he can shoot himself free.
There are loose rocks in some levels that you can shoot, they will fall and kill any players below.
Several levels have the shotgun barrier; one shot of the shotgun will break it open, opening another path in the level.
Some levels have Turrets, tap X when close to it to get into turret mode, aim and shot as normal.
Turrets have infinite ammo, but can overheat. When overheated, the turret requires some time to cool down.
The beach level has several lightning rods. Tap X to activate. When active, they have an icon for the friendly team and they are straightened up. When an enemy enters the trigger zone, all players close by to the trigger zone will be struck by lightning and die.
“For those of you who’ve had your ear close to the ground over the winter holidays you’ll have heard the exciting news that the forthcoming Tomb Raider game will feature competitive multiplayer! Hinted at in the last episode of The Final Hours and revealed in the January edition of OXM, we’re now ready to take you behind the scenes of this brand new franchise addition.
As always, your host (and self-proclaimed nerd) Zac Levi takes us on a guided tour of the development process. This time we travel to Eidos Montreal for an in-depth talk with some of the talented minds who hold the overwhelming challenging of creating the multiplayer mdoes, which are of course a first for the series.”
At Spike’s Video Game Awards show, Square Enix released a brand new trailer for Tomb Raider called Survivor. The music was originally played by live orchestra at the VGA, but in this version you gotta enjoy pre-recorded soundtrack as usually. Enjoy the spectacular editing and great action!
Will you survive?
What are your thoughts about this new Tomb Raider game? Hyped?
- Art Book - A 32 page mini art book compiled by TOMB RAIDER’S Art Director Brian Horton depicting Lara’s epic adventure through original concept art.
- Double Sided Island Map/Poster – on one side of this 15’ x 19’ poster is a map of the Key Landmarks from the mysterious island, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways are marooned after the Endurance shipwreck, on the other a poster size image of the iconic key art that epitomizes Lara’s origin story.
- Waterproof Survival Pouch - A waterproof re-sealable adventure pouch for storing all the key items you need to protect when fighting off the scavengers on the island.
- TOMB RAIDER Original Soundtrack ‘Survivalist cut’ - A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game.
- An exclusive Weapons Pack – A range of new and exciting weapons to help Lara survive against the island’s inhabitants.
- Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine – A fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation. The statue stands at 8” tall and comes with alternate set of three (3) hands, the climbing axe, shotgun, handgun, and the iconic bow and arrow.
- Survival Tin – The Survival Edition and the Lara Croft Statue will come housed within a replica survival tin recovered from the ill-fated expedition ship ‘Endurance’.