Today, Square Enix announced at their private “The Future of Final Fantasy” -event that Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be both released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox one. New details were also shared from both titles.
- Looks like it will be more male focused game but Square Enix will follow fans’ feedback.
- It felt natural to bring the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as long as Final Fantasy XIII and XI were already released for both consoles.
- The game will be very action based and less RPG. They feel that the new direction fits better to XV. Every FF is different, right?
- Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.
- The main staff of Versus didn’t change significantly after changing the title number and moving to the next-gen development.
- In new trailer Noctis is swimming underwater in the leviathan battle scene.
- The city looks like a modern city with Venetian like architecture.
- Stealth will likely be included in the game like in Lightning Returns.
- The combat is very similar to Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom Hearts III:
- Sora is now more mature and will go off on a brand new adveture with Donad, Goofy and Mickey.
- New Disney worlds will be included.
- Disney is super excited about the third part.
- Will keep the tradition of the series: delivering amazing stories and gameplay to fans.
- Being developed by the team in Osaka – 1.5 & BBS team – Not Nomura’s.
Thanks to our friend site, RPGSite, for all the great details and information from the E3 event we couldn’t participate in!
Categories: Final Fantasy, FINAL FANTASY XV, Kingdom Hearts, PlayStation 4
I wish there would be a release for it on the PS3 too :(
”Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.”
O_O oh please do :D
”The city looks like a modern city with Venetian like architecture.”
It actually kinda reminded me of Venice :)
”New Disney worlds will be included.”
Really cant wait to see which ones :D – i have my own theories :p
(Sword in the Stone, Pocahontas, the Jungle Book, Lilo and Stitch – and of course there are some old worlds returning too)
Damn – shouldve been exclusive ;p
But it doesnt bother me :)
I can foresee KH3 not doing too well on the Xbox One – well…..thats if anyone buys it lol
Well if there’s people out there like me who were going to buy a ps4 so they could play kh3 and ffxv, but now have the chance to play it in xbox. There might just be a lot of xbox buyers who are happy to know that these games are coming to xbox (me included). I played these series on ps2 so I’m familiar with both series, I’m also used to both controllers so for me I’m stuck back at square one, which console am I going to buy. =)
True – but generally the fan base over there for FF and even KH isnt great – so i dont see much enthusiasm from Xbox gamers (well those who are going to buy the Xbox One) – and tbh alot of Xbox players are moving over to the PS4 because of what MS has been doing to the Xbone – so FF15 and KH3 will thrive for sure on PS4 but not so much on Xbox One
I’ll be getting it on the PS4 :p
Awesome either console I buy will still have the games I want to play =). And that looks like Terras key blade sora has.