Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer XIV livestream starts now! It will contain new details about the upcoming patches such as Defenders of Eorzea! Perhaps we will be hearing more about new jobs, marriage system and dungeons. Also, the lead designer of the game, Nobuaki Komoto, will be a special guest and answers fans’ questions as well!
We will update this post as new details are revealed
1. Naoki Yoshida and Toshio Murouchi are discussing about PvP modes: They are working on to a feature that allows you to save all actions and traits per job, so you don’t need to constantly re-do them.
2. In Patch 2.35, they will allow players to use glamours with PvP gear, and they will be adjusting the PvP mode in general as well.
More maps coming to Frontline but it will take some time. Japanese players are most active when it comes to this PvP mode!
3. Mob Hunt talk – a new addition which was released alongside patch 2.3 – allows you to hunt big monsters with other players and gain big rewards. The system has been slightly broken and players have found it a bit problematic, and it has been causing some tension because some players may have rushed too much and haven’t left anything for other players. They have adjusted the new mode a bit and will continue until it pleases everyone.
4. Talk about the Syrcus Tower.
5. Talk about the new dungeon called “Hullbreaker”. For now, we are only fighting Kraken’s tentacles but the Kraken itself will make a comeback later on.
6. A new video clip of Ixal Stronghold and an epic scene with different enemy races!
7.Time to talk about future contents!
8. Talk about Lightning and Snow!
9. A fan asked if there will be additional costumes or hairstyle from previous Final Fantasy series characters similar to Light and Snow where the developers answered they can’t say too much, but you will be able to get famous outfits and hairstyles from some quests added with certain patches!
10. Now they are showing the new Ninja job in action!
11.Minfilia is making a special presentation of Eorzea’s Economic Trends and changes between spending and earning gils.
12. No big changes but charts are showing how people earn and spend their gils.
13. A chart about gil spending on housing .
14. Summary of charts
15. Gold Saucer concept artwork!
16. More talking with fans and answering their questions. (Check out the comments section)
17. The first anniversary special event announced! 14 hours live broadcast, special fates such as Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XI and Lightning Returns will be back! More to come!
18. Moonfire Faire seasonal event revealed!
19. Free trial program revealed: Players get an opportunity to try FFXIV for two weeks then transfer their characters to the full game once the trial ends. More details announced later.
20. Final Fantasy XIV movie contest revealed! Celebrate the first anniversary of Final Fantasy XIV by creating own movie! The contest will be starting in late July.